Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Welcome spring

With the warmer weather this week, I'm filled with a sense of hope and renewal. That's what spring is all about - especially in Canada.

This eagerly-anticipated season brings the re-emergence of flowers, the colour green and sunshine. Warmth returns, which means we get to banish those heavy coats, woolies and finger-warming gloves to the backs of our closets.

It doesn't hurt that I've also banished my cancer to the back of my mind. As a result, I'm optimistic about the future and making plans, which feels good.

Spring re-awakens nature, but it also affects us emotional humans. I'm noticing a spring in my step, a smile on my face and a cheerier attitude at the prospect of 20C. And it's just in time for Easter.

I eagerly anticipate summer. Last year, with its rainy, cool days and my treatment regime, the summer was terrible. My favourite season was a wash out. So, I look forward to a warmer and brighter summer.

Of course, it still won't be perfect because of my mom's chemo treatments. I lament she has to go through them. But - and I speak from experience here - it's far better to go through all the side effects during the nicer months. I couldn't imagine the pain and depression during a dark, cold month like February.

Bring on the nice weather, Mother Nature. I welcome it and the good feelings it brings.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for share informative knowledge with us . Nice guest post ;)

    ReplyDelete