Sunday, March 14, 2010

In the sunshine state

What a way to wake up. First thing this morning, with the stars shining in the sky overhead, I sat in the hot tub at our rental home in Florida with Michael. It was a bubbling 103 degrees and the jets felt good on my muscles. Then we took a little dip in the pool (yes, it has pool heat). All before 7 a.m.

Now I'm on my second cup of coffee at the breakfast bar, contemplating the agenda for today. It's good to be on vacation.

It's 56 F with an expected high of 69 today. (I'm not exactly sure what that means because I'm a celcius girl.) But I do know it's going to be nice if I can hop in the pool right after I crawl out of bed - and it's nicer than in London.

Except for some driving sheets of rain in Kentucky, the 25-hour drive down was relatively uneventful. It took 25 hours because of our stops - especially the 1.5 hour delay at the border around 8 a.m. We must have had the most meticulous border crossing guard on duty. We watched him search the cars, coolers and trunks of several of the cars in front of us.

Lucky for us, he only scrutinized our passports, matching each eager-I'm-on-vacation face to terribly ugly picture, and interrogated our intentions in the United States of America. We got off lucky. Then we were on the road.

The house is beautiful, well equipped and looks exactly like the pictures on the Internet. It's a great place to stay for a week on vacation. Especially if I can get up every morning and hop into the hot tub.

Happy March Break,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment