Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Spa day

I ruined my sister's 40th birthday. The day before this momentus, milestone birthday, I found out I had cancer. She was the second person I told, after Michael, and she's provided unwavering support ever since.

As a result of my diagnosis, we never really celebrated her 40th birthday (and I'm sure she doesn't really care), but I felt bad. So I'm taking her to the spa today. Spa day is a myriad of celebrations - her 40th birthday, the end of my chemo treatment, a thank you to Angie for being by my side every step of the way, and a woman's version of trick or treat (emphasis on treat).

We'll get buffed, polished, massaged and coifed (or at least Angie will since I have no hair).

Unfortunately, I have a bit of a cold creeping into my sinuses this morning, but I'll pop some research-nurse-approved Dristan and ignore the pesky thing. Because it's a day for the Thomas sisters to be treated well. After everything, I think we deserve it.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Tina, I hope your trip to the spa was wonderful. You deserve such a special treat and so does your sister. I'm sure she never felt that you ruined her 40th birthday, but this treat will be truly special for you both. What a great idea! Let us know how it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day & so many great things to celebrate! You are so lucky to have such a caring, supportive sister-- and she is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your thoughts and your way of expressing and putting it in front of readers is really something that I have seen after a long time. We need more writers like you.

    ReplyDelete