Thursday, November 3, 2011

14

In some ways, it feels like only a few short years since Michael and I welcomed our adorable little son into our lives. Yet today, he turns 14 years old.

He was a cute baby, with dark hair and bright, inquisitive eyes. He was also a good baby, sitting in his car seat, watching me bake, shop or fold laundry and listening to me babble - until he'd fall asleep. While he was full of energy and needed regular stimulation, he was a good baby. He was quick with the milestones too: rolling over at 3-1/2 months, walking at eight and talking in short sentences at a year old.

Today, he's a typical teenager with his own language (powned, epic fail - what?!), a wacky sense of humour, a need for a lot of sleep and a unique, "why don't you take a shower" aroma. As with most teenagers, his priorities are different than ours (the need to keep his room neat or do chores on time) and his friends are important. He can also be thoughtful, sensitive and helpful. He's smart as a whip, quick with a pun and an awesome drummer.

In grade 9, he's discovering new talents and skills, which are expanding his horizons. I hope I have the opportunity to see what career piques his interest and which girls capture his heart. I get excited envisioning the best for my little boy (for he'll always be that), who made his appearance 14 years ago today.

Tina

P.S. I have an appointment with Dr. W on Tuesday to talk treatment. I was hoping for this week, but no such luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment