Tuesday, November 1, 2011

London Life rocks

Almost nine years ago, I started working for an amazing company, with unbelievably generous people. In early December 2002, I joined London Life's communications department on a one-year contract and I haven't looked back since.

I've always said, it's the people who make or break an organization. Well, those at London Life are the cream of the crop. I've never felt more supported or loved than by my colleagues (aka friends) at this company. When I went into the hospital a month ago, my wonderful friends started asking how they could help me and my family. I was visited by several of them while in the hopsital and food started arriving at my doorstep from the time I arrived home.

These same friends also started Team Tina to participate in the Run for Ovarian Cancer when I was diagnosed in 2009. Many of them participate and raise funds for ovarian cancer research every year, and for that I'm very thankful. This event raises money for ovarian cancer research in London; work that may lead to a discovery to help me in my fight.

London Life, the organization has also been wonderfully supportive during my journey as well. It matches the funds raised by Team Tina, up to $6,000, each year, which gives the diligent researchers even more funds to support their work. In addition, the organization supports me financially through disability benefits while I take time off to fight this stupid disease. I'm lucky to belong to the London Life family.

I went into work yesterday to clean out my cube. I won't be using it for the next six months or so, and space is in high demand. While I was there, many stopped to say hi, give me a hug, ask me if I needed help and wish me well with my treatment. I loved seeing all the friendly, supportive faces. (And apparently, I look much better than I did before I went off. Apparently, I wasn't looking so good.)

Throughout my journey with cancer, my work friends have showered me with food, gifts, love, friendship, hugs and support. At times it's overwhelming how generous people are because I know I can never say thank you enough or repay the generosity. I marvel once again at how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life. I'm truly blessed.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. True. Story. *HIGH FIVE LL PEEPS*!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...wish I could say this too from the company I am working for. Good to hear that :-)) from you. Keep on fighting, and I think its easier with this support in the background.

    ReplyDelete