Wednesday, November 23, 2011

First to me

They may have placed second in the competition, but they're first in my heart.

Every year, London Life holds a fundraising "concert" called Syncapalooza. This extravaganza involves individuals dressing up (usually crazily), and lip syncing and dancing (and other funny anctics) to a song; much to the delight of the ticket-buying audience. All to raise money for the United Way. It's always fun, but this year it made me cry.

A bunch of my friends put together a performance in my honour, singing and dancing to Don't Stop Believing. They sported their Team Tina yellow t-shirts, hammed it up, played air guitar and shook their patooties around the stage. I loved it!

Now I know many of those who were up on that stage wouldn't normally participate in Syncapalooza, but they did it for me. How amazing is that? I get chills just thinking about all the support and love I have. This wonderful performance reinforced that for me. I know it made me and Michael cry, and I saw a few other tears as well.

Check out the photo from after the performance with me sitting proudly in the middle.

You guys were amazing and in my books you earned first place. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the outpouring of love (and all the great hugs).

Tina


1 comment:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO AWSOME!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete