Monday, November 14, 2011

Grumpy

Toward the end of last week, I realized I'm tired of being in my own body. I'm weary of my stomach, abdomen or neck hurting. I  hate that I can't enjoy food and throw up semi-regularly. I'm frustrated and therefore grumpy. I don't have a lot of energy, initiative or enthusiasm. I'm certainly not a pleasure to be around.

On Friday, my drainage tube stopped working properly. We thought it was a flaw in the reservoir and jumped through hoops to get another one, only to discover that it's not the equipment, it's me. We think the tube emerging from my abdomen has stretched the skin around the insertion area so much, air is escaping and preventing the vacuum from sucking the ascities from my belly. While, I still captured about 300 mL in the reservoir from Friday to Saturday, the flow is now minimal. I woke this morning with ascities all over the front of my pajamas. And I'm uncomfortable. We'll call the interventional radiology department today to see if someone there can help remedy my situation.

If I'm tired of being in my broken body, I can only imagine what those with strokes, MS, Parkinsons or ALS experience. My situation is nothing compared to those individuals. But my physical woes are enough to break me down. I'm so tired of feeling bad. I hope it improves quickly when I start treatment this week.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment