Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh how I've missed you

Yesterday, I was finally given the green light to slip my poor, aching body back into the warm, swirling waters of my hot tub. Given all the incision, drain, puncture and needle sites on my abdomen are closed, I can once again take advantage of the pulsating and therapeutic jets on my muscles.

It felt SO good. "Oh, my little hot tub, how I've missed you."

Since my pigtail was inserted on Aug. 2, I've been banned from submerging my body in water. So there's been no swimming, baths or hot tubs for me over the past four months. While that may not be a big deal to some, the limitations made me sad and a bit cranky. Now, I do need to ensure my PICC line stays dry to prevent infection, but I have a thick, plastic sleeve that's doing the job perfectly fine. I've also ordered a special cover off the Internet that's supposed to allow me to swim too.

While I need to initially limit my time, even a 20 minute soak twice yesterday untangled knots in my back and shoulders. I felt more relaxed. I slept better. And I'm hoping the jets will keep those stomach and bowel muscles stimulated and encouraged to keep working.

I've always been a water person and so I'm back in my element. I'm looking forward to my soaks today. Ah!

Tina

3 comments:

  1. OMG YAY YAY YAY!!!!! This is the BEST news I've heard in a while! WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! I'm so happy for you!! Hot Tub Party at Tina's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    Living our lives and going through battles makes us all appreciate life more and for most of us I think it causes soul searching. After being my Mom's care giver while she was fighting esophageal cancer I learned to be more of a compassionate person and I became more aware of how short life can be. We do all only have 1 life to live and should make the most of it. And if asked, I am sure most people have regrets in their lives. None of us are perfect but we must all learn as we grow.
    Each day you don't blog I worry that you aren't feeling up to it and I send an extra little prayer up for you. I am hoping you are just enjoying some extra hot tub time ;)
    Hugs and prayers~
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete