Friday, November 25, 2011

Slide into the electric

Tzzzzzzdt, tzzzzzzdt.

That's what my brain felt like last night as I tried to go to sleep. An electric sensation gripped my brain from the steroids and my thoughts were traveling a million miles a minute. I laid in the dark, waiting for the lorazepam to kick it, willing my body and mind to calm down. I was singing songs, tapping my fingertips on Michael's shoulder and making him laugh at the absurdity, writing a blog, thinking about Christmas shopping, dreaming up meals to eat, etc. It was a bit chaotic.

I tried deep breathing, imagery and prayer; but I'd focus on that specific mind-calming activity for about 60 seconds before my mind cavorted to another oh-so-important topic.

Yup, the hexagonal, white steroids are doing their job inside me. Besides the few hours of sleep I lost, I'm thrilled to report I kept dinner and breakfast down, I'm eagerly anticipating my next meal, my stomach doesn't ache, I have enthusiasm for the day and the energy to actually accomplish something. I've been up since about 5 a.m. checking online specials, doing some Christmas shopping and creating items for my to-do list. I like this Tina because it's far closer to the real me - and I will take advantage of it as long as I can.

The only side effect from the Gemcitabine so far (and it IS still very early) is some abdominal pain. I'm attributing it to the ninjas completing their dueling job with the cancer cells. Go my stealthy, black, warriors.


                                    Check out my cute little ninja. He was a gift from my friend, Laura.

So, while the steroid high lasts, I'll enjoy life and sing. Speaking of singing, now you too can reveal in the awesomeness of the Team Tina Twinkle Toes as they performed Don't Stop Believing at Syncapalooza. So amazing.

(But because I'm not technically challenged enough to embed the video in the blog, here's the link.)


Enjoy!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. Dear everyone in that video:
    1. YOU WERE SO GOOD!!!!
    2. Great choreography and execution!
    3. That looked like a first place to me. Who judges these things?
    YAY YAY YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ninja is AWESOME! Can Laura stitch in some angry eyebrows, or is the beauty of this creature it's deceptive cuteness...???? How can I get one? Laura should sell them as a fundraiser. They would go like hotcakes, I bet! Glad you're keeping food down and you're able to create To Do lists...this is me at my most "Sandra"; creating lists. So I hear ya, Tina!

    ReplyDelete