Monday, November 21, 2011

Footware slip

Yesterday, the shoe I'd hoped wouldn't drop slipped from my grasp and I'm now using my fingertips to hold onto the laces. And so far, today isn't looking very good either.

Sunday morning started fine, with a cheery mood, a nice cup of coffee and a piece of peanut butter toast (the crunchy kind so you have lots of tactile excitement for the tastebuds). I read my book and lounged around, showered and dressed.

We went out to Costco - a place I HATE on Sundays because of the throngs of crazy people - to get the new Looneyspoons Collection cookbook signed by the authors. It was there the withdrawal from the steroids kicked in and I became extremely grumpy. My bowels were also working with the help-me-poop medication to cause cramping, heat flashes and gaseous movement, and nausea danced around my belly.

Then last night, I made the mistake of eating dinner. Without the steroids helping the nausea, dinner revisted me about an hour after consumption. And then I threw up again during the night. I'm afraid to eat or drink this morning, and I've got a pretty orange anti-nausea medication on board to try to help settle my out-of-sorts tummy. But I know I need the nutrients and especially the hydration, so I will have to try a supplement or something shortly.

While these side effects aren't as bad as previous chemo treatments, I doubt I'm done yet. They do make me want to crawl up in a hole, aka a nice soft bed, somewhere and ride them out. I'm not good company nor do I make friendly conversation. So forgive me if I'm slow getting back to you or out-of-sorts. I just have to take it one day at a time and do the best I can.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment