Saturday, March 10, 2012

2 litres lighter

Dr. Z can add one more person to his long list of satisfied patients. The radiology doc did an awesome job with the paracentesis procedure yesterday and I had just over 2 litres drained from my abdomen with minimal discomfort. While I'm still round, the equivalent of a big, bottle of Coke removed from my belly makes me more comfortable.

The ascities itself was hand delivered by Michael to the Dr. D of the Translation Ovarian Cancer Research Group. He was bugging me last week, while filming the commercial for The Run for Ovarian Cancer, to give them some fluid for research purposes. I'm sure he was surprised when my husband arrived at the lab with the bottles of ascities for study purposes. I'm more than happy to provide it, especially if it's may lead to discoveries. It also makes going through the procedure more rewarding because I know I may be helping.

This morning, I'm a little sore at the puncture site and where the fluid was pressing against my ribs. But hopefully that will heal quickly. Of course, the giant needle hole means I can't go in the hot tub for about a week until it scabs up. I'll miss the therapeutic and relaxing effects of the warm waters. I may just have to bug Michael for a massage or schedule one with my therapist over the next week to keep my muscles limber and the knots from monopolizing my back.

The fluid removal means my stomach isn't as squished and perhaps I'll be able to eat and drink more this weekend as we head to the spa to celebrate some birthdays, play some cards, eat some cake and enjoy some good company.

Life is good. Get out there and enjoy it.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my kind of weekend...spa, birthdays, cards, food, and friends. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete