Monday, March 26, 2012

Embarassing backfires

My dog does it all the time. It happens most often when strangers come knocking at the door; especially if they're men with facial hair because we believe she was abused by a moustachioed fellow before she was rescued by the humane society.

My dog sharts.

Do you know the definition of a shart? Well, combine shit and fart, and you get the grossly accurate picture.

Unfortunately, a couple of times during the last few days, I'm embarassed to say, I too have sharted. The whole process started out-of-the-blue the morning of chemo. I had to run to the bathroom. Unfortunately, my hobbling, let's-try-to-keep-this-in gait didn't get me to my destination fast enough.

Shart.

But I didn't want to take any Immodium because I knew I was getting large-dose steroids during the day that would constipate me. I had a few more diahrrea episodes throughout the day, but I was super cautious, heading to the bathroom whenever gas rumbled in my belly.

Then yesterday morning, the unexpected sharting happened again. What the heck? Since it was two days post chemo, I pulled out the box and took a dose of Extra Strength Immodium. So far, so good.

Oh it's such a balancing act trying to get the bowels to cooperate.

Thank God this all happened in the privacy of my own house. Yet, it's still embarassing (and yet, I write about it, crazy blogger that I am.)

Your red-cheeked friend,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment