Friday, March 23, 2012

Fight well ninjas

Today I get my second dose of paclitaxel. I head to the chemo suite for an early blood draw - as soon as they open at 8 a.m. - to ensure I've recovered enough from my last blast with the noxious drug. I feel good, so I'm hoping that means all is good on the blood count front.

I'll then get the triple cocktail - dexamethasone (steroid), benadryl (allergy medication), ranitidine (antacid) - to prep me for the chemo. Once infused, I wait 30 minutes so they have time to flush through my system and work before the taxol is administered, which only takes an hour.

Given my early appointment time, which I greatly prefer to the afternoon, Angie and I should be out of there in time to go out for lunch. Sounds like a perfect reward after treatment!

It may sound weird, but I'm grateful to be getting another dose of chemo. I'm anxious for it to start to work and make me feel better.

Go ninjas go! Fight well my stealthy friends.
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment