Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gratitude

I haven't acknowledged lately how grateful I am for all the support I continue to receive. I have an entire village of family, friends, doctors, nurses and random people who make this journey with cancer easier. Over the last several months - and really from the day I was diagnosed with cancer - amazing individuals have stepped forward (sometimes at entirely different times) to help me and my family.

Over the past few months, I've received meals for my family, flowers, baked goods, cards, gifts, emails, lunches out, hugs, good wishes and donations for the Run for Ovarian Cancer. I've appreciated every thoughtful gesture, every single person who has taken the time to think of me as I struggle and fight this terrible disease.

Fighting this cancer is more difficult this time. I feel weaker physically and more beaten down psychologically. But feeling the love and support of all my family and friends makes it easier. I know I'm never alone.

I want to make special mention those who work on The Run for Ovarian Cancer board and also send my heartfelt thanks to those who are part of the Team Tina fundraising team. This group is working on special events and activities to raise money for Team Team and the 2012 run. In the past, I've been in remission during the fundraising timeframe and was able to participate. This year, I've got some amazing friends who are carrying on the torch without me (and doing an amazing job). Kudos to you all - and to those who are participating in the events to raise funds for ovarian cancer research.

This morning, I'm filled with gratitude because I know I have all of you. I have those who read and silently wish me well. Then there are those of I can call on when I'm feeling down or at the end of my rope. Some of you will help me celebrate the little successes and others will share a tear or two when I'm sad. But I need you all, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment