Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Depression goonies

Luckily, so far, the biggest side effect I've experienced from the paclitaxel chemotherapy is the presence of the depression goonies. It's a dragging feeling where I have no energy, no motivation, no interest and feel like just lying around. I feel blah. I'm bored, but don't want to do anything.

Mostly, I just want to crawl in bed and wait for tomorrow to come. What a waste of a day, but I can't help it. I'm also tired, which contributes to the alluring call of my bed.

The depression goonies were here yesterday and I slept for two hours. And they're here today (blech). Luckily, I'm working with my sister this morning on our third annual trip to Myrtle Beach and it's capturing my interest a bit. (Although not only in a good way because it's turning out to be more complicated than in previous years for various travel-site, booking and occupancy reasons.)

Although, I have to admit, this travel booking is a bit exciting because it gives me a fun event to anticipate. I'm a bit nervous about travelling while I'm in treatment, but things have been going fairly well, so I shouldn't expect problems during a four-day jaunt. I'll just put up with any puking and tiredness in a warm, beach locale with access to she-crab soup and bourbon chocolate pecan pie. Sounds like a good plan.

Until then, I sleep, read, lounge, mope and get through the next day or so. If last treatment was any indication, I should be trekking back up from the depression basement tomorrow. It'll be good to be back.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment