Thursday, March 8, 2012

Talk about change

Today's the day. Late this afternoon, I see Dr. W to talk about our plan moving forward. We'll review my bloodwork, which I donated on Tuesday, to see how my blood cells are holding up to treatment and how my CA-125 is responding. Unless my CA-125 dropped significantly or there's some other reason for not changing the type of chemo I'm receiving, I'm going to ask we switch.

I don't know exactly what that means, but I think a change in how we're tackling this disease will make me feel better. Currently, I feel stuck in limbo, continuing to try something that is only maintaining the status quo. As I've said before, that's not good enough.

Then I have chemo tomorrow morning - whatever type that may be - and paracentesis in the afternoon. I've gotten round and full again, so I have an appointment with interventional radiology after I'm done chemo to drain some of it off. The fluid will go to the research docs for study. I'm happy the disgusting bi-product of my tumours will be put to some good use.

Tomorrow is going to be a long and invasive day, but hopefully, the lack of fluid will help the (hopefully) new type of chemo ninjas directly attack the stubborn tumours. Let's hope the new chemo contains these type of sneaky and effective ninjas.




Tina

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Love the image.
    AND - pumped for moving forward! I hope you get lots of great answers and a new ninja-eque treatment!

    ReplyDelete