Monday, April 26, 2010

Quick update

I don't seem to have much to say these days. In a way, that's a good thing. I'm just living life and being a semi-normal person.

I also think I've lost a large part of my followers. Since it's been one year since my diagnosis and treatment (a year ago Saturday I had my first chemo treatment) I've been re-reading some of my earlier posts. Back then, it wasn't unusual to get five responses in a day. Now, I'm lucky if I get one. And several days I don't know if anyone is reading at all.

So, I guess I'll blog when I feel I have something to say. For today, I'll provide a brief update.

Naturopathic follow up
I saw the naturopath again on Friday. I told her I'd gone wheat-free for four weeks and cut back on my coffee. She seemed pleased that I'd cleansed my body. I do have to say that I felt absolutely no different living wheat free.

I experienced acupucture for the first time. She's trying to get my fat-burning systems turned back on again because it's really difficult to lose weight now. (Like I didn't have issues before.)

Celebratory trip
Tomorrow my sister and I fly to Myrtle Beach for five days of relaxation, book reading, swimming, walking on the beach and chillaxin'. She stood by me during all those chemo treatments, bringing snacks and keeping me company. Now we're doing something fun together to celebrate remission and her birthdays.

While we're there, we'll probably also try to run, which brings me to . . .

Run for Ovarian Cancer - May 16
If you're going to participate in this very worthwhile event as part of Team Tina and haven't signed up yet, please do so by Wednesday, April 28. We need to order the t-shirts (for those who weren't part of the team last year). We'd also like to get a sense of the size of the team.

If you can't make it that day, please feel free to support ovarian cancer research by sponsoring a member of the team.

http://www.runforovariancancer.ca/
(Then click on the running shoe.)

Next check up
As I mentioned last week, I felt off, experiencing stomach pains and cramping. I think I may have caught a minor bug, which churned through my system. Of course, given that my follow-up appointment is in three weeks, I'm sure my mind will be playing tricks on me - again. I'll do my best to stay positive.

Make the most of each day
Remember, it's up to you to determine how today is going to go. Even when obstacles are thrown in your path, you control your reactions. Make the most of today. It's all any of us can do.

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tina

    i read your blog almost every day. So, I´m not lost as your follower. But sometimes I think there is nothing left to say or write an comment, and I´m sure a few other will agree. Dont note it as a lack of interest in your journey!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi honey....
    just a little fyi for you.... i've posted my 'I need your support' letter around my work so they can pledge for the Run for Ovarian Cancer... I also added on there that at this time last year we shaved our heads (well, it's nearly a year) and I have a feeling that in order to get a huge following again, I may have to shave my head again... YAHOO!! it'll be in support of your mom this time around!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya Tina
    I too read your blog regularly so you've not lost me ;-)
    Hey well done you for doing the run too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you so don't be skipping off and trying to have a life without us. : )

    ReplyDelete