Thursday, April 15, 2010

Optimism and spring

"An optimist is the human personification of spring."
- Susan J. Bissonette, in Reader's Digest (1979)

This great quote came to me via a wisdom newsletter I receive every day. I found myself nodding when I read it, because that's exactly how I feel.

Most of the time, I'm an optimist, with a realistic bent. I know the world isn't all sunshine and tulips. But I have to admit, the warming sun and beautiful flowers during these spring days add a bounce to my step. The budding trees, greening grass, singing birds and blooming flowers all give me hope. They're signs of renewal and life.

Maybe that's why I only had one really difficult day this week. I was anxious and down on Monday, but I've turned a corner into optimism. While I thought about my mom all day yesterday and got regular updates from my sister's Blackberry, I've got good feelings about her treatment too. Not that it won't be difficult, but that she'll get through it and navigate her way back to good health (fingers crossed).

Luckily, spring is making its arrival a month early this year. That's fortunate, because I think everyone was ready. And after the lack of real summer last year, we're all feeling optimistic at the arrival of this season of renewal.

It's good to be alive.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. good morning,,,
    it's not only good to be alive, it's fabulous to have a great quality of life...

    ReplyDelete