Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jinxed

C'mon.

I wrote with such optimistic enthusiasm yesterday morning, yet by late afternoon I was once again veering sideways. Maybe I jinxed myself.

I had lunch with my parents to celebrate my birthday. With that extra room vacated by the ascities, I went gung ho. (I really should know better by now.) Then I was uncomfortable all afternoon. The presence of the food must have also pressed against the paracentesis site because I needed some sweet, little, red Extra Strength Tylenol to take the edge off the discomfort.

In addition, I skipped my Activia yogurt and Bran Buds routine for two days (only two days) while relaxing at the spa and I paid for it. I couldn't produce a bowel movement if you paid me - although my body really, really wanted to - and my lower back was killing me. Luckily, a couple yogurts, lots of trips to the bathroom and some undignified faces produces huge results last evening. (Here I am talking about crap again.)

Then to top it off, I had a vomitfest again last night from about 9 p.m. until midnight, when I had the big purge that cleaned me out completely and allowed me to sleep: But only until 4:30 a.m. Sheesh.

So during my hopeful, little blog yesterday, I'd put THIS all behind me. A lot too hopeful, a little too soon?

But I have to remember, I did get chemo on Thursday and may still be suffering some side effects. I'm still fighting stomach issues and bloating. I'm not expected to magically be well again after three litres of fluid are drained from my system - only to feel somewhat better, and I generally do. The fluid is only one of the many afflictions I have. I need to be patient and realistic. I have to be kind to myself. But, as I did in my blog yesterday morning, I can still hope. I don't plan to give up on that.

Now yesterday wasn't all bad. Like I said, I had lunch with my parents after my mom's appointment with the plastic surgeon. She's recovering well from her prophylactic double mastectomy and its follow-up surgery. The doc figures another month and she'll be all healed up.

A dear friend also got released from the hospital yesterday with good news about his health situation. Relief and gratitude filled my body with that news.

Michael is back at work and doing okay. It's never going to be perfect (and he shouldn't expect it to be), but he's coping and even managed to ride his bike to work yesterday; something he enjoys.

I hope to have a visit with a friend today, snuggle in for a nap, finish a book and putter. It is consume-10-cups-of-liquid day so I'll also be drinking a lot of fluids and slurping on some soup. Try to fit a couple extra beverages into your day (Max, I'm especially talking to you), because it's good for you!

Bottoms up!
Tina

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!
    1) I brought TWO bottles of water to work today! And I'm currently waiting for my morning coffee to cool down to luke-warm (or in other words, Max-temperature) so I can enjoy it! :) Yay for liquids day!

    2) HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH: "and some undignified faces produces huge results" YOU KNOW everyone reading that TOTALLY thought, right then, about the faces they make whilst trying to produce the same results! hahahahahahahahha yesssssssssss - good blog, good blog!

    ReplyDelete