Thursday, January 26, 2012

Witchy woman

Do you remember when the witch dresses up as an old peddler woman to offer Snow White the poisoned apple in the Disney classic? She has prominent nose and her chin sticks out. Her cheeks are puffy and her wrinkled, little lips sink into her face. That's kind of how I look all puffed up on the steroids. I even had acne covering my cheeks, which could resemble the witchy wart the evil stepmother sported.

Or, are you familiar with those little shrunken apple women sewn with old nylons (For what purpose, I'm not sure? Are they supposed to be decorative little, old women apples? Hunh.)

It's not a good look for me. And my face seems to be the only location the puffiness from the Dexamethasone seems to affect. Suffice to say, I don't examine myself in the mirror for very long. I conduct my skin and hair care regime quickly and vamoose from its shiny surface.

While the appearance of my face makes me feel unattractive, it's not important in the whole scheme of things. So I try to let it go (and perhaps give a little witchy cackle every once in a while).

Tina

P.S. I go give blood and see Dr. W today to learn the results of my CT scan. I'll blog more when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment