Monday, January 16, 2012

Sandpaper torture

A relentless, gritty piece of sandpaper continually grinds over my skin. Some days it smooths the surface, buffing up the beauty underneath to a beautiful shine, but today, the rough tool catches all the imperfections, bumps and knots, revealing ugliness within.

I'm worn down, as though the sandpaper slipped too far into a crevice and is grinding away at a particularly soft and sensitive spot. I'm withdrawn and bitchy. Despite getting ample sleep, my eyes feel so sunk in their sockets, I could easily scoop them out with soup spoons. My stomach continues to revolt. I'm tired of throwing up and feeling awful. I'm weary of being worried; and continually seeing it in the eyes of others. I'm not fit for man nor beast, and I want to crawl in a hole and hide.

Yet, I can't stop the sandpaper as it grinds on. Today I resign myself that it's working away on the soft, tender, underbelly of the piece of wood, but perhaps, its ministrations will create something unique, beautiful and unexpected tomorrow.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. As crankified as you might be right now: your blog totally rocks today!!! A+ for baller writing!!!! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, you're worn down. Anyone in your shoes would be. I don't blame you for feeling withdrawn, bitchy and weary of worrying.

    Thanks for this profoundly honest post. I hope you're feeling a bit "smoother" around the edges by now. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to whip my nipples and rub with 220 grit

    ReplyDelete