Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A jug of radioactive juice

No coffee.

That's my biggest complain right now. Followed, very closely, by no breakfast.

I have a CT scan appointment today at 10:40 a.m., so my oral consumption at this point is severely limited. I've been told to sip only clear liquids until I show up at my appointed time to drink the radioactive juice. In the past, I've been instructed to drink nothing, so I'm sticking to little drinks of water. Of course, that isn't cutting it and my body is protesting.

But I want this CT scan; I need to know its results. I want to know if the chemo is working and the tumours are shrinking. I need to know if we're on the right track or if we need to change the treatment.

I meet with Dr. W tomorrow where I'll bombard him with my questions and turn to him for the answers I seek. Then I have chemotherapy scheduled for Friday. I'm antsy and anxious. Let's figure out what's going on and keep moving forward with action. I need to know that there's a point behind all I'm currently going through - and if and how it will change.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck today Tina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending warm and healing thoughts your way for good news throughout this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! Our thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete