Thursday, January 5, 2012

To make it to 46

Today is my birthday. Happy 45th birthday to me.

My big plan for the day involves heading to the chemo suite so Cisplatin and Gemcitabine chemotherapy cocktails, along with the anti-nausea drugs, lasix and saline solutions, can be pumped into my body. I have an appointment to have my blood drawn, and a date with my nurse and the doctor who's filling in for Dr. W while he's on vacation.

I'll spend the day with my sister, chatting and noshing on the snacks she's packed. I'll probably read my book, take a nap and listen to some music on my iPod.

In the evening, I'll spend some quiet time with my husband and kids, quietly celebrating this momentous event (because every birthday is special).

While it may not be what I'd choose to do on the anniversary of my birth, everything I will do is designed to ensure I can celebrate my 46th birthday. In the grand scheme of the universe, that's all that counts.

Perhaps I can do something just a little more celebratory next year.

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Happy B-Day Tina!!!!
    Enjoy your evening with the family...relax...eat as much cake as you want :)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 45th Birthday Tina,

    Enjoy your day as best you can, and then enjoy your evening with the family...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Tina! I hope you can enjoy your day. I'll wish you the same next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Tina! Love your outlook on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday from all of us! Enjoy your evening with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Tina! Here's hoping that you get to enjoy a different type of cocktail very soon. Enjoy your evening, Karen

    ReplyDelete