Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chemo 2C

Well, my blood levels were good yesterday, in fact better than the previous week, and I got my chemo treatment in the afternoon. All went well. The port  and Emla cream worked like a charm with no pain upon needle insertion and I was off to the races.

Now I'm taking my anti-nausea medication and trying to enjoy the relatively good feelings I have on this Saturday. We have some errands to run and I've been in the hot tub. We're also going to see a local high school production of Oliver tonight because the neighbour's kid is the lead. I may have to have a coffee this afternoon to give me that extra boost of energy to get me through the evening, but it's an event to anticipate, which is good.

I'm feeling a little restless and antsy. I also feeling tired. A nap may also be in order - before the coffee, of course.

I talked to the chemo nurses and my Dr. W's nurse about my feelings of depression yesterday and they've suggested hospital social worker and spiritual worker referrals. I figure it can't hurt and these are discussions I can have when I'm in for chemo. Then I don't have to go into the cancer centre more often to take advantage of these services. I'm also tossing around other ideas in my head that may help me cope better. I will have to talk to Dr. W about them to see if they're possible.

For now, I'll see how the anti-depressants work. I've also received suggestions from friends about acupuncture and checking to see if I have a vitamin deficiency. I am grateful so many people are looking out for and care about me. Thank you.

So now I'm off to get those errands done so I can rest before the big night excursion.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment