Monday, April 16, 2012

This and that

I don't have enough thoughts roaming around in my head for a full blog so I'm going to fill you in on little tidbits of information:
  • My hair hasn't fallen out like I expected. It's gotten thinner in spots and grown in others. So it's just really, really short. I guess I didn't need to use the #2 clippers on it and then I could have had a more "normal" short haircut for at least this past month. I guess I made a hasty decision. I have no idea what's going to happen now that I'm getting the second round of taxol in my system. It could start coming out in chunks. But regardless, I have to deal with what little hair I do have right now. There's no going backwards when it comes to hair.
  • My port is now itchy instead of painful. That, of course, means it's healing. The pain was minimal the day of the procedure, peaked on Saturday and subsided yesterday. I'm required to take sponge baths and not get the area wet for seven to 10 days. So far, it hasn't been so bad, but I will enjoy that shower and the hot tub when I am allowed to submerge my body again.
  • The hole where the PICC line was inserted into my skin for the past six months is healing up nicely. I can barely see it. The body is an amazing healing machine sometimes.
  • My stomach seems to be cooperating a bit more and I'm able to eat more regularly and a bit larger meals. I also don't seem to have stomach pain most nights any more. Now I've been on the steroids from the chemo on Friday, so perhaps that, as usual, has been helping. But for some reason, I do feel a little different and I'm hoping it's because the chemo is doing its job.
  • I'm still fighting this nasty head cold. My nose wouldn't stop running yesterday and I went through dozens of tissues. Tylenol Cold is now one of my new regular medications. Hopefully, sleeping and resting will help both my cold and the chemo side effects. What a nasty combination.
  • When I said I emailed everyone I know about sponsoring me for the Run for Ovarian Cancer, I didn't mean that literally. First, my memory isn't that good. I also didn't email a lot of folks from London Life; especially from the Marketing Communications department. I'm sure they've seen the fundraising events and are well aware of Team Tina. I contacted some of my work teammates, but not all. It got to be way too unwieldy. For those I didn't email directly, it isn't a slight in any way, I know you're all doing what you can - and I thank you.
  • Speaking of the run, Team Tina is in third. That rocking TD team is amazing and there's no way we can catch them, but the Sunflower Sisters have only raised a few hundred dollars more than us. So join the team and get fundraising. We need to make our positive yellow presence known again at the event this year.
It seems a shame I'm going downhill mentally and physically just as the weather here in London is improving (even if temporarily). Maybe I'll feel up to getting out into the warmth and sunshine a little later today. I hope you find a way to enjoy this Monday. It's a new start to a fresh week. Make the most of it.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment