Monday, April 2, 2012

A little rougher

It is the third straight week of chemo in a row and I'm finding my reaction to the treatment a bit more severe.

Saturday was generally okay with just some general tiredness. Yesterday morning was also quite tolerable. But my stomach started to hurt mid afternoon and continued to ache until I vomited last night. I suspect it's a chemo side effect and the amount of anti-nausea drugs prescribed might not be cutting it. I will have to talk to Dr W when I see him next week. I'm not sure what, if anything, we can do.

So my plans for the first few days of this week are pretty low key. While I felt okay when I arose this morning, I can already feel myself going downhill. Unfortunately, Tara's tummy also hurts and so she's also home lounging in bed. Hopefully I don't have or get whatever she's got. That's the last thing I need on top of post-chemo symptoms.

Blogging, surfing, reading, napping are all on the agenda. Nothing taxing to the brain or body. While this probably sounds appealing to those stuck on the hamster wheel of a too-busy life, it gets boring. And unfortunately, it will soon be joined by the post-chemo depression I hate so much. Then I'll be wishing to sleep away the days so I can get to a new and better one.

But, as usual, I need to take them one at at a time.

So that's the update. Nothing too unusual, nothing too exciting.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better. Have you tried Ginger Tea? With some honey is usually pretty good for Chemo nausea....I was drinking it by the litre couldn't get enough.

    Take good care

    Alli XX

    ReplyDelete