Friday, October 8, 2010

Last one, I'm done

It only took one stick this morning in the back of my right hand and I was up and running. With an early 8:30 a.m. appointment, I swallowed my Olaparib by 8:40 and had the pre-chemo drugs flowing before 9:30. By 9:40, the paclitaxol was delivering the black ninjas to my veins. Die cancer die!

I'm a little tired, but so far that's it. Two more weeks and I'll start to feel better. My hair will start to grow back. I'll be on the road to recovery.

My CA-125 is still too high for my liking at 77, but at least it's going down and my research nurse seems happy I trust my doc and nurse are taking care of me and recommending what's right for my situation.

I'm so happy my chemo treatments are done. I can now start get through the crappy side effects and start on the next phase of my journey.

Thanks to everyone and all their support today. I even got photos of my friends at work sporting their Team Tina t-shirts. Loved it! Made me smile in the chemo suite. My supportive village is the best.

Happy thanksgiving and long weekend to all my Canadian friends. It's a great time to be thankful (the sunshine doesn't hurt either).

Your smiling and relieved friend,
Tina

2 comments:

  1. YAY! So happy for you, Tina! Now rest your weary mind and body. You deserve it.

    hugs,
    patty

    ReplyDelete