Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thankful

I am thankful.

I know yesterday was Thanksgiving, but I didn't get my butt to my computer to blog about it. Besides, I think I have reasons to be thankful every, single day. Yes, today (and probably tomorrow and Thursday) are going to be bad days, but I'm here. Enough said.

So here is a short list of things I'm especially thankful for today:

1. The people who love me (and all the wonderful things they do and are). I am very, very blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

2. The doctors, nurses, researchers and medical professionals who take care of me.

3. That I am one of 75 women in the world getting Olaparib in the clinical trial (and only six in Hamilton).

4. This is my last chemo treatment (Forever? I'm not confident. For now? Yes, and thank God.)

5. That I'm here. I've had another year to enjoy life and all it has to offer.

My list is short and sweet today. I feel myself tumbling into the black, chemo well, so I'm going to take it easy.

I hope you remembered why you're thankful this past weekend - even if it was just for the pie.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for YOU! And the lessons I learn from you daily. I'm also thankful for your village, because they inspire me daily as well!
    Here's hoping your pit isn't so deep, and isn't so dark this week.
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to knowing You! And I am thankful that we/ I could spend some time with you and your family during our/my stays in Canada. I´m hoping that more "meetings" with you will follow.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete