Friday, October 8, 2010

Yellow power!!!

Michael and I will sport our bright yellow Team Tina t-shirts as we walk into the chemo suite this morning at 8:30 for my LAST chemo treatment (ever?).

Even though it's a little snug now (damn steroids), I'm proud to wear this shirt my designer friend at work created when a bunch of friends at work started Team Tina in honour of me for the Run for Ovarian Cancer. Besides, it goes well with my teal Converse chuck shoes I bought because they were the closest colour to the ovarian cancer awareness one.

I learned yesterday, a bunch of wonderful people are going to sport their Team Tina t-shirts or wear yellow at work today in support of my last chemo treatment. Wow! They did it last year when I had my last treatment and I'm honoured they'll do it again today. I'm sure all that yellow and the yellow light another friend envisions around me every treatment will be powerful and strong.

As much as I like this t-shirt, let's make this the last time we wear it for this reason. While I'm caustiously optimistic, I need your hopes and prayers this chemo and the Olaparib continue to eradicate the ovarian cancer. A few prayers or good karma that it only takes on needle stick would be appreciated too.

Off I go to Hamilton with my supportive husband who'll fetch food and water, get me fresh warm blankets, ensure I'm comfortable, be a supportive force and even rub my back, if necessary.

Your yellow-and-teal sporting, cancer-slaying friend,
Tina

P.S. It's going to be a beautiful day, get out and enjoy it. While I'll be sitting in a chemo suite, I consider the yellow sunshine a good omen. So let's all make the most of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment