Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blue

We prepare for months and then enjoy it all in a few days. Christmas is a wonderful, exasperating, awe inspiring, tiring, filling, delicious, worrisome and blessed time of year. I had a good holiday and was showered with many nice surprises. I was also able to watch the glee on others' faces as they opened their gifts. I like that part.

My house now looks like a whirlwind went through it, despite being cleaned really well on the Dec. 22, and my body feels the same way. That doesn't bode well for me doing anything about the messy house - at least not right away.

My home and energy levels are kicked, and so is my emotional state. I've decended into a blue funk over the past day or so, and am having trouble coming out of it. (Picture Elvis singing Blue Christmas.) It could be the fear over some pains that reappeared over the holidays. I experienced a sharp, consistent one in my lower, left abdomen that got really bad on Boxing Day. Then my right ribs started to hurt yesterday. Of course, my mind jumps to bad conclusions like tumours and ascities. I know I need to be positive and come up with reasonable explanations to these troublesome owies: scar tissue, doing too much, eating too much, gas.

Yup, I'm once again on the dip portion of the emotional roller coaster. Hopefully, it's one of those speedy ones right before the big, big climb upwards.

Luckily, I have casual new year's eve plans with some wonderful friends to anticipate. It's good to have fun events on the horizon. Now, I'll just have to do something about this house . . .

I hope you're holidays were/are awesome and you're having some fun and making some memories.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Tina, I understand your blue mood. I'm feeling pretty moody myself today for a variety of reasons. We all get sick of this roller coaster ride we never wanted to be on. On the positive side, I think we can take comfort in the fact that right now probably everybody's house looks like a whirlwind went through it. And guess what? I don't even care!

    ReplyDelete