Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm dreamin'

White Christmas
It's pretty much guaranteed I'll get my dream of a white Christmas. Given the amount of snow that's already fallen, the forecast for more over the next few days and the long range prediction of temperatures below or around the freezing mark, I don't think the white stuff will go anywhere before the big day.

I like a little sprinkling of sparkly snow for Christmas; enough to cover the ground, but not to hamper driving to holiday celebrations. It helps put me in the mood. Unfortunately, I don't have the holiday feeling yet. I'm hoping the Christmas spirit will settle on me during the next week.

Of course, once the big day has come and gone, the snow can go. We have way more snow than is necessary for my white Christmas dreams and I'm not a big fan of winter. I don't like the cold and I hate trecherous driving conditions.

Distant, sandy dreams
That's why I'm also dreaming of sun and sand in a tropical locale. I know the hot tub replaced the end-of-chemo trip and I'm really enjoying soaking in the warm water, but a girl can still dream. I know it's a fruitless one for this winter, so I'll just have to plan and save my pennies for a trip NEXT year. (Look at that! I'm making plans in the future. That's a big step for someone who's had cancer twice in two years!)

Until then, I'll plan for Christmas, try to capture the holiday spirit, soak in the hot tub, take up a winter sport and enjoy spending time with family and friends. With all those awesome activities, it may not be a bad winter after all.

Try to remember what makes your holiday special and be sure to include lots of that (or them) over the next few weeks. That's what this season is all about.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I just wish more people would understand this motto T. It's not the gifts, the amount you spend, what to get who, it's about spending time with one another. Time for visits, laughs, good food, good drink, cards, games, walks in the snow, hot chocolate, freezing fingers from snow balls,, it's about spending the moments in life with the ones you enjoy. I think that's why Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays,,, it's just like Christmas, but without all the nonsense of the presents. Embrace the season for the real meaning (besides the obvious baby jesus) family, friends and memories.

    ReplyDelete