Thursday, December 2, 2010

Today!

The day is finally here. It felt like it's been ages coming. Exactly six weeks and two days ago I placed the order. After construction and delays, the hot tub comes today!

It's been so long it doesn't even feel real any more. I was excited when we did the wet test over six weeks ago. That involved taking a long soak in one of the store's demonstrator hot tubs. It seemed like reality when the deposit appeared on my credit card. And when we made the final payment about two weeks ago and made delivery arrangements for last week, I started to get excited.

But, the big snow storm in western Canada delayed the delivery truck from British Columbia, where the tubs are made, by three days and our golden delivery date was postponed. The money was spent (a big dent in my credit card) but I had nothing to show for it (damn snow). Because it'd been so long, I started to lose the excitement and feel like our beloved dream of hot tub ownership would never come true (melodromatic, eh?).

Yet, today is the day. Michael and Noah are outside in the snow, moving all the big objects in the way so the delivery guys can smoothly slip the spa into its landing pad in our backyard. The salesman and owner assured me we'd be able to soak in the warm, bubbly water this evening. God, I hope so!

While the excitement level is racheting up a little, Michael is having a few problems outside moving the frozen tent trailer, which is frustrating and mood dampening. So I don't think I'll really get excited and believe we actually own a our hot tub until it's placed in its new home without incident. Once the icy cold water starts to fill its cavity, ready for the heating action, I'm sure it'll hit me. When I take my first dip in the warm, soothing waters, that's when it'll all be reality - and make this LONG wait worth it.

Medical update
Since I went to my check up in Hamilton yesterday, I should provide an update on the medical stuff. My stubborn hemoglobin remains stuck at 101. No wonder I still get tired and dizzy. I was hoping for a big jump to get closer to the low end of normal, which is 120, but no such luck.

The doc said I'm doing very well two-months post chemo. I'm sure some of the chemicals are still floating around in my cells and contributing to the unwell feelings and slow recovery. But you know inpatient me; I want and think I should feel better NOW.

I did get some good news. My CA-125 dropped from 60 to 47. It's closer to the normal of >35. The doc and nurse both assured me these results are good and this will probably be my new normal. Dropping or a slight up and down is good. A large spike in the number is bad.

My next appointment isn't until mid-January when I'll get my next CT and full physical exam. Hopefully my hemoglobin will rise in the next seven weeks, more of the chemo will exit my system and I'll be (and feel) closer to normal.

Oh, I'm sure the hot tub will help!

With slowly building excitement,
Tina

2 comments:

  1. HURRAY !!!!!!!!! Tonight you'll be in the lap of luxury with the warm waters floating around your body.... HOW EXCITING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you will love it! My dad has one, and it's one of my favorite things to do when I visit him. Be prepared to have zero energy and just want to snuggle up in bed once you've been in it! :-) And it's so relaxing to be in it when it's snowing all around you. I'm jealous! Happy hot tubbing!

    ReplyDelete