Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tina, the elf

The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.
          - Elf


 
I'm shaking off the bah humbugs today and doing what I can to capture Christmas cheer. I started the day by donning my elf hat and making a few toys. Er, okay, I wrapped a few toys. Well, actually I wrapped some chocolate and special electronics for my kids. But let's not get hung up on semantics. I was Tina the Elf.

In a little while, when the entire household is awake, I'm going to slide a Christmas CD into the player at my desk and let the carols wash over me. I'll probably even sing along as I make my lists and check them twice.

Tomorrow my littlest elf and I will pull the flour, sugar and chocolate chips from the cupboard and bake some Christmas treats. Of course, the carols will still be playing in the background. We'll probably sing and dance as delicious smells waft from the oven. My eldest elf will wander upstairs to assume the role of official taste tester of the 2010 Baking Extravaganza.

Then I just have to groceries and make a homemade clendar for my in-laws (shhhh), and I'm ready. I guess I'd better be because it's only three sleeps until Santa comes. Maybe it was a subconscious gesture to leave some of these tasks until the last minute so I could infuse my home with the spirit at the right time.

Enjoy these last few days before Christmas and remember, there's room for everybody on the nice list.

Tina, the Elf

1 comment:

  1. Now, before we learn how to build the latest in extreme graphic chipset processors, let's recite the code of the elves, shall we?
    1. Treat every day like Christmas.
    2. There's room for everyone on the nice list.
    3. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.

    :)
    Merry Christmas Tina!!!
    (I see Ric in 2 sleeps!!)

    ReplyDelete