Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Born to be, um, mild

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure, er, no. Looking for the Juravinski Cancer Centre.
And whatever comes our way, um, again no. Heading to a medical check up, some lunch and maybe some shopping.

I guess Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild lyrics don't really apply to Angie and me today. Considering I'd like this checkup to be uneventful and go as smoothly as possible, I'd have change the title to born to be mild. I'm okay with that.

Besides, the song seems to call for gunning motors and a recreational substance or two (to get through that long, somewhat weird musical interlude in the middle). Since we'll be traveling in a silver Prius hybrid and coffee will be our stimulant of choice, I don't think we fit the target demographic.

But it's a good tune nonetheless and a great one to belt out when alone in the car. Although I have to admit that I substitute humming for some of the lyrics I don't know. I don't think I'm alone.

Today, it's Born to be, um, mild. Catchy.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you today doll... hope your hemoglobin is up to normal levels so you can get some of your energy back..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be funnier. This whole paragraph:
    "Besides, the song seems to call .... I don't think we fit the target demographic"
    ACTUALLY made me LOL in my office this morning. Good thing I'm the only one here.
    I hope your appointment is a good one today! :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Born to be mild. HA I love it. Mild today, so you can be wild tomorrow (or maybe in a few weeks/months, however long it takes!). Thanks for making me smile today :-)

    ReplyDelete