Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jan. 18 - the turning point

I'm starting to feel antsy. I'm a little anxious for my doctor's appointment in Hamilton on the Jan. 18. Not because I think it'll bring bad news, but because it seems to be the turning point in my life right now. What I do over the next few months (at the very least) hinges on the results of that check-up.

With good results of my CT scan and physical exam, I anticipate I'll develop a plan to start easing back to work toward the end of the month. Thank goodness it'll be a slow process because I'll have to build up my strength and stamina. I know from experience I'll be exuberant and active one minute and then hit the wall of tiredness. So I'll have to be careful.

I've managed to find ways to fill my days, so going back to work will also be an adjustment in what I get done at home. Granted, not all the activities I choose have value, so playtime with games like Zuma could be cut short.

I'm also anxious to start exercising get some of my strength and muscle tone back. Yesterday, I climbed on my new-to-me treadmill, hit the on switch and then put one foot in front of the other. At the beginning, walking at an incline instigated stabs of pains in my hips, but they went away. I felt like the tin man in the Wizard of Oz. I just needed to get my body to lubricate its joints and muscles.

After awhile, I even tried running  and DIDN'T KILL MYSELF. It was actually a bit easier than I expected. Granted I went slow. But I've been a couch sloth for the past six months, so slow is the way to go.

I'm not even going to think about the possibilities of my life if the results on the Jan. 18 are less than stellar. I'm not going down that road unless I'm forced.

For now, I'm thinking positive and planning to move forward. If I don't start thinking about the future, I may just stay stuck here playing Zuma, writing, exercising, going in my hot tub and puttering around my house forever. Not a bad place to be, but I know I need to do more.

So here's planning for good results and moving forward,
Tina

1 comment:

  1. YEAH FOR THE TREADMILL!!!! Love that you're slowly working your way to be active again!!!! SO good to hear!

    ReplyDelete