Friday, January 7, 2011

Going to see Suzie!

After almost 16 years of marriage, Michael and I must have some sort of telepathic connection. On Wednesday night, while sitting in the hot tub, I was thinking about activities I'd like to do over the coming year. While I've mentally and verbally committed to going whitewater rafting, I hadn't identified anything else for my Let's rock 2011 list.

But that evening, an idea popped into my head, but I didn't verbalize it. Then out of the blue, Michael made my desire a reality yesterday. How cool is that?

Michael bought tickets for us to see Suzie McNeil in Collingwood in February. He excitedly exclaimed he got second row centre seats. A bubble of glee welled up inside me.

We've been following Suzie's career since she appeared on Rock Star: INXS in the summer of 2005. We fell in love with her versatile voice and contagious laugh. She's one of those artists who can make my skin tingle because her voice is so incredible.

About a year after the show concluded, we were invited to her CD release party (via her fan website) and briefly met her as she signed our copies of her Broken and Beautiful. I've blogged about her song Believe beacause its beautiful words seemed to reflect my feelings and provide inspiration.

Now, everyone who really knows me understands I have a little thing for Bon Jovi, who I've seen in concert a few times (singing along to every song) and lovin' every minute of it. But when you see Jon and the boys, the stadium is huge and due to my cash-flow situation, I need to use binoculars to get up close and personal with Jon Bon.

But I LOVE Suzie too. (Yes, I'd choose her music if I were stuck on a deserted island.) I'm thrilled I'll be sitting close as she performs in February. I'm excited the concert is being held in a small, intimate venue. And I'm grateful her tickets were in our price range.

I expect more than a few tingles to course through my body that night. Good things like that are exactly what life should be about.

And all because I've got this super-duper cosmic connection with my soulmate and husband, Michael. Lucky me!

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Saw her last winter(ish) at a little bar in the Maritimes - she rocks, you will have a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - very cool about Suzy, but let's remember WHERE you're going to be WWR. HERE - with ME!!!
    Just reminding you.

    That is all.

    :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete