Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Today is good

Over the past few days, I've caught myself with a little smile on my face. Yup, you read right, I'm unconsciously smiling for no real reason at all. Mostly it happens when I'm in the hot tub in the evening, letting the warm water wash over me and allowing my mind gently meander over my thoughts. The ideas bouncing in my head during my morning hot tub excursion usually consist of what I need to get done during the day. It gears me up. The evening soak calms me down.

The source of these little smiles? I'm not 100 per cent sure, but I think it's because I'm content. I'm happy it's 2011 and I can celebrate another year. I'll get another year older and hopefully a whole lot wiser. I feel optimistic about my health situation. I love my life and all the good things in it. I'm lucky in so many ways and that gives me a little bubbling well of joy. I think the little smile is that joy I feel inside overflowing and escaping.

I also feel pretty good. Sure, I could feel better. I curse the rib, back and foot pains I get when I do too much. I could be stronger, fitter and healthier. But I'm celebrating what I have today, while working on what I can be tomorrow. If I think about it, in 2009 and 2010 (and possibly again in the future), I have felt a whole lot worse. So I'm thankful for how I feel today.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. But for today, life is good.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Can I live vicariously through you today? Your day is much more awesome and optimistic than mine. : (

    I am just so happy for you, Tina! Always in my prayers, my friend.

    Love,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time, Patty. Any time.

    Hugs and love to you.

    ReplyDelete