Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pivitol appointment

Today is the day we find out if all the treatment over the past seven months worked.

At my appointment in Hamilton, I'll be scanned, poked, probed and prodded. I'll drink a bunch of peach-flavoured radioactive juice. I'll get more radioactive dye injected via I.V. and give a few vials of blood. Then I'll talk to my doc where he'll deliver the verdict.

Although I haven't been consciously nervous over the past few weeks, I'm sure deep in the subconscious of my grey matter, I've been stewing about the results of these tests. As I write this, I feel my anxiety rise. I haven't made a big deal about it (even in my own mind), but this appointment is crucial for it determines how and if I move forward.

I'm 90 per cent confident everything is going to be okay. But I've been wrong before (and the cancer was back) so I can't be absolutely certain. So I'll sit on pins and needles until I get confirmation from Dr. H.

When I get the good news, I'll let you know.

Keep your fingers crossed and, if you're so inclined, say a word or two to the big guy upstairs.

Until later,
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today, Tina. I'll be thinking of you and praying for good news.
    Hugs,
    J

    ReplyDelete