Monday, January 3, 2011

363 more days of possibilities

Happy new year! It's 2011 and the year lies before me full of possibilities.

Today I'm optimistic. I'm trying to be more positive about my health and moving forward with making plans. Of course, things could turn on a dime, but I'm not allowing my mind to visit that space today because there are so many things I could do with the 363 days remaining in this year.

New year's is a time of renewal for me; a fresh start. It's a time to take stock of life, remember the events of the past year (and their lessons) and plan for the new one. I've got a few resolutions I'm working on, including eating the required five to 10 servings of fruits and veggies every day and getting back in shape. Both these will make for a better, healthier Tina.

This morning, I proudly hung my Team Tina calendar in my office. It's in a prominent location where I'll look several times a day. It's presence will make me smile and think of the awesome folks who created (and bought) this hilarious calendar to help me. I'm a very lucky woman who has the support of so many fabulous people.

Remember, this is the year I'm going white water rafting. It's on my bucket list. In a future blog, I'll ask for confirmation on who's in on the excursion. I'm thinking June in the Ottawa area. So if you've wanted to experience the thrill of careening down a river on rapids, this is your opportunity to do it with a group of like-minded people.

But first things first. The kids returned to school this year, which means I now have to get to work. Michael and I have the dreaded job of taking down all the Christmas decorations and reclaiming our house. Gotta run, there are things to do.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. WE'RE IN... (oh, is it to early to start sending confirmations?)... ok,,, I'll be patient... WE'RE IN...(never was the patient type)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, I love your optimism! That's what is so great about each new year, the possibilities are wide open! I have a few self-improvements of my own in mind! May the new year be kind to all of us. Great title for your post by the way!

    ReplyDelete