Sunday, December 18, 2011

So far, so good

If yesterday can be used as an indicator of how I will feel next Saturday, I may be able to enjoy Christmas after all. I ate fairly well, had energy and was in an okay mood.

In fact, I felt energetic enough to do some baking. A little girl in my house asked about Christmas cookies a few weeks ago and I told her we'd have to see how I felt. To be truthful, I also don't feel it's the ho-ho-ho season without a few cookies and squares around the house. While we cut back significantly, the house smelled delicious yesterday afternoon - and we have baked treats to enjoy as well. Of course, I was exhausted yesterday evening, but I only did it to myself.

I had a few side effects yesterday - a slight ringing in my ears, minor dizziness and some diarrhea (again) - but nothing unmanageable. But I did throw up through the night; much to my chagrin. I don't think the giant potassium pill I forgot to take until bedtime agreed with my chicken and after-dinner cookies. My stomach protested and I ran for the bathroom around midnight.

I know with my chemotherapy treatment again on Thursday and my blood levels dropping as the ninjas do their work, I'll have to take it easy and rest a lot this week to be able to enjoy the Christmas festivities next weekend. Luckily, I have wonderful families who are hosting the events and they'll ensure I don't overdo it. I also have everything almost ready, so I can focus on me and staying strong.

Keep working little ninjas and die cancer die!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment