Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blood and stuff

It's amazing how big a difference a couple of days can make. Monday night I went to bed feeling absolutely awful. I seriously told myself if I felt the same way in the morning, I was going to try to get into the cancer clinic to get my blood levels checked and verify I was hydrated enough. I went to bed, wishing for the blessed oblivion of sleep.

Tuesday morning I awoke feeling better; not quite so desperate for a medical professional to tell me all was okay. I still didn't drink coffee that morning (which is a sure sign I'm not up to snuff), but I was well enough to get out of the house for a lunch date with my parents and a Reiki appointment, which in itself made me feel better. My homecare nurse said I looked good and my blood pressure was fine.

Yesterday and today, I feel so good I'm confident my blood levels will be high enough for my treatment tomorrow. (I hope I'm not wrong and being overly optimistic.) I've got energy and I'm ready to forge ahead with the fight. I'm almost stunned at the difference in me in three short days. The body is an amazing organism.

Along with my blood draw, today is my appointment with my doc. I hope I get to see Dr. W. The last three visits, I saw a member of the team who works with him. But I'm hoping to talk to him personally today.

I'm going to bring along the last three CT scans I have from Hamilton. They were comprehensive reports with the locations and sizes of the tumours in my abdomen. I'm going to ask if a another read (or maybe there is a better report as the one I have says preliminary) be done on my latest CT scan so a true comparison can be done on how I'm doing. I'd like compare apples to apples, as the saying goes.

I'm also hope to ask Dr. W's opinion on the next steps if the cancer hasn't gone into remission after the six scheduled treatments are done. I need a plan. We may not come up with any answers today, but at least we can get the discussion going and I can have some idea where my life may be headed.

As I drink my coffee and scarf back my breakfast, I'm feeling a little action-oriented. Let's get going on round four. Let's understand better where I currently stand. Let's get some back-up plan at least in the kitchen (if not on the back burner).

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Whoowhoo!!!! Yay for that fighting spirit!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!! (Those are my Star Wars laser killing sounds) PEW PEW PEW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Star Wars I can associate with, Pew. Pew Pew!!!!! that is the sound my grandson Justin makes when we play Star Wars. "may the Force be with you"

    ReplyDelete