Monday, February 6, 2012

Recovery week

While I woke up feeling really good today and have been super productive so far this morning - hot tub, shower, budget calculations, benefit paperwork, etc. - I can already feel the tiredness starting to settle on my shoulders and behind my eyes. It's only 9:30 a.m. and I'm already considering sliding under my heated blanket with a book. That's not a bad thing.

It is day three post chemo and so the side effects are due any time now. My hemoglobin was also low going into chemotherapy at 95 (normal is between 120 and 140), so I'm probably going to feel more tired, quicker.

I have very little planned for the first three days of this week, simply for that reason. I will go with the ebb and flow of my energy and do what I can. I'll give the ninjas and the chemo the energy stores they need to fight the tumours. It's the best thing I can do for my body and my recovery right now (and I'm actually doing what I'm supposed to do).

Tina

2 comments:

  1. It's good that you are aware of the steroid high and the following days of "down". Rest when you need to. I hope your bloods remain good so you can continue the treatment uninterrupted.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping you are feeling good this morning - with no side effects from the chemo. Rest is good for you and does allow your body to fight back and the ninjas to do their job. Take it easy and relax as much as possible.
    Prayers,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete