Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day two post chemo 5B

Just a quick update to say I'm doing okay. I had some unexpected nausea yesterday afternoon, a rarity for me day one post-chemo, which I rested through and got better after I took the strong anti-nausea meds yesterday evening.

I'm glad the drugs worked because I went to a social gathering last night where I got to see lots of friends in one place. Every year a group of friends try to get together a couple times a year to celebrate birthdays, which in this bunch seem to happen in winter or summer. So we gather for Birthdaypalooza - Winter Edition and Birthdaypalooza - Summer Edition.

It was so good these friends and have brief catch-up conversations with each of them. Although I have to admit, they all looked so good because they were going out dancing afterwards - something I'm not quite up to doing quite yet - and I appeared in my yoga pants, running top and with my steroid-inflated face. But they're my friends, so they understand my situation and were just happy to see me. I realized after the visit, I miss more consistent social interactions. Unfortunately, I can only plan and schedule what I'm up for with my side effects and everyone's busy schedules.

But I'm excited I have another friend coming this afternoon for coffee and to help this technology-challenged person set up her iPad. I look forward to the visit.

So in short, I still feel pretty good. I expect to head down the road to yuckiness tomorrow for a couple of days and then slide back up the other side later in the week.
Here's to enjoying the good feelings while they last.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you strength for the dips ahead.And glad you experienced some semblance of normalcy.

    ReplyDelete