Thursday, February 9, 2012

Good

It seems only fitting after a blog post I entitled bad, I should write one that says good. I started to feel much better yesterday. By evening, I was able to enjoy dinner with the family, go to my daughter's riding lesson (something I don't feel up to doing very often these days) and have a post-ride Timmy's cafe mocha. It was delicious. Coffee and me are good friends these days as I am having a hard time resisting a good cuppa java. It makes me feel good, so why not?

Today, I enjoyed the sunshine and got out of the house by going shopping with my sister. I found a few good deals and got a bunch of much-needed groceries. It's fun to spend the day with Angie and we were able to enjoy some tasty chicken pot pie and biscuits at lunch too.

I think I can say my stomach situation has finally started to improve. I only vomit every few days and it's usually when I do something silly like try to eat too much or consume a food that's heavier (for example, my delicious steak dinner I savoured - and then saw again - the other night). I'm not saying it's perfect because I still have lots of gas and have to be careful, but the situation is better. As a result, I'm happier.

I seem to be through the yucky, depressing side effects of the latest round of chemo too. I know I'll continue to tire easily because my red blood levels are probably dropping to their lowest right around now, but I can nap. That's far easier to deal with than the emotional and psychological triggers the chemo seems to bring on days three and four post treatment.

So I'll enjoy the sunshine today and celebrate the energy I do have. I'll plan lower-energy activities with my friends over the next week. I'll read my book and surf on my computer. I'll rest and do the best I can to make sure I'm physically prepared for the next round of chemo-killing juice next Friday.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment