Monday, January 25, 2010

Indulgence and forgiveness

I haven't been myself for about a week now. And I fear it's going to get worse before it gets better. So I'm asking you for your indulgence and forgiveness.

Today I go for my follow-up CT scan. I'm not fearful of the scan itself - even though I drink radioactive dye, have more dye squirted into me via IV and then slide through a spinning machine. That's a piece of cake. It's the results of that machine that I fear - the return of cancer. The news that, despite my best efforts, I didn't beat it.

I won't find out the results until next Tuesday. It's going to be a long, dread-filled week.

I'm trying to be positive, but for some reason, I can't seem to dig it out of the depths of my soul right now. It's ironic because even during those months I spent fighting cancer, most of the time I felt emotionally stronger than I do right now.

I've been an emotional wreak for over a week now. I think re-living my diagnosis experience in therapy only made it worse (before it gets better?). I'm filled with dread, I feel anxious and I'm having strange dreams.

So, my friends, I'm asking for a little leeway for the next week or so. I may not be quite myself. I beg your tolerance.

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tina,

    We'll keep you in our prayers - both for peace of mind as you wait and for good news from the tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina: just want to give our support. Bill Doris and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. visting the spa this weekend will help you get your mind off of this,,,even momentarily... we'll go for walks / runs / eat, play cards, drink some wine and just laugh... at least that will ease two of the seven days...
    we're all here to help honey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how difficult it can be ... try and do something nice for yourself ... just to take your mind off the worry. It's going to be fine.

    ReplyDelete