Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Positive thoughts

In an effort to be positive, today I'm going to focus on some of the good things about me and my life. Hopefully positive repetition will make my mind believe and take some of the focus off the symptoms (real or imagined?) that prompt me to think the cancer is back.

1. I am strong physically and mentally. Even though I'm in a bit of an emotional dip right now, I know my strength exists and can be pulled out whenever needed. I beat cancer. I will continue to beat cancer. I am a cancer fightin' woman, don't mess with me.

2. I have the most wonderful husband in the world. We're going to grow old together and enjoy all life has to offer. I love him beyond reason.

3. I have great family and caring friends who love me. Their (your) prayers and positive thoughts will keep the cancer away. (Bye bye cancer. Not in my house!)

4. My mom is going to beat cancer too. She'll have surgery on Feb. 19 and then maybe some preventative chemo. Then she can say bye bye cancer too!

5. I will take my healthy, albeit pudgey, body to Florida to enjoy sunshine, swimming and fun in six weeks.

6. I have a great job with very supportive people. Who could ask for more?

7. I write well. I enjoy finding the right words to express myself on paper. I'm lucky because it helps me and others. (Now if I could only find a publisher. . .)

8. Chocolate. I'm thankful for it and its stress-reducing properties. Enough said.

9. God loves me - even with my faults and insecurities. He fills me with light.

10. I beat cancer once (and that's more than enough). It's going to stay away. I'm going to get good news from Dr. W on Tuesday. He's going to say the shadowy sections in my abdomen are scar tissue. I'm going to get a clean bill of health and be able to move on mentally and physically.

Of course, I'm focusing on #10. We can all do a dance of joy when it comes true.

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts. I'm banking on positive thoughts creating a positive reality.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Taht is the way to do it. Positive, Positive.
    I have beaten cancer and it will not come back.
    14 years and counting. I even forget that I had cancer except for the blood work, or when someone mentions it for me.
    It is not comming back, thats all there is to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you positive waves ...

    ReplyDelete