Monday, January 4, 2010

Wonderful surprise and anxious beginning

I was treated to a lovely surprise yesterday. Despite my positive posting (wishful thinking?), I was grumpy yesterday morning. I was fighting with Tara to finish a project that was due today (yes, despite our best intentions, we left it to the last moment).

I think I was also negatively anticipating today - the back to school rush/worry about suspensions, the first full week of work (even though I have Thursday afternoon off for some medical tests), and the buzz and potential chaos that's going to accompany this week.

But Michael, wonderful husband that he is, completely changed my mood yesterday with some early birthday presents. Much to my delight, he booked me a massage (exactly what I needed to de-stress) before he surprised me with tickets to the London Knights game. It was perfect.

As anticipated, it was slightly chaotic and stressful at home this morning. I worry about my kids trekking back and forth to school in the snow and hope they dress warmly. I fret about Noah's behaviour and hope he's successful at staying in school. I also hope I can handle this first full week of work - and not let anyone down. I pray I can get on track with some healthy eating and exercising to lose some of this weight.

I know it's hard for everyone to get back into the routine (or start a new, healthier one), especially for those who've had holidays. So I'm sure I'm not alone in my anxiety.

Yes, I'm a bit of a mental mess this morning. But I'm sure, in time, it'll all work itself out. I have an appointment with my personal trainer today, so I'm sure she'll get some positive endorphins flowing in my body to improve my attitude.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, January 5!! I hope you enjoy your birthday with all your family and friends! Will be thinking of you during my busy workday, but hopefully the birthday will carry new meaning and hope for you.
    Have an amazing day!!
    Love you lots... Margie

    ReplyDelete