Monday, January 18, 2010

A tired start

Weekends are a time to relax and rejeuvenate for the work week. But as I sit here on Monday morning, I realize I've done nothing quiet and relaxing for two weekends now - and it's starting to take its toll.

Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend. I went to the Canadian Figure Skating Championships with my mom and sister on Saturday. Yes, I know, I sat around all day, but that was surprisingly tiring.

Then yesterday morning, Michael and I cleaned the house and in the afternoon I hosted an Epicure party. I worry when I host a product party, which probably tires me out too - do I have enough food, will people enjoy themselves, will they like the product as much as I do, etc. I needn't have worried, but I do.

I notice when I get tired, my joints and bones start to ache, like I'm suffering the tail end of chemo. I experienced it one evening last week and then again last night. I think it's my body's way of saying, "whoa!"

I know I'm not the only one dragging my butt to work on a Monday morning. We all try to cram way too much into our two days off. I just feel the effects of a good weekend a bit more profoundly than I once did.

My goal is this week is to try to take it a little easier so my body can catch up to my gung-ho mind. It's hard finding the right balance. I get easily frustrated. I shouldn't expect miracles, but I do.

From your tired friend,
Tina

1 comment:

  1. I think these weeks after Christmas are the most tasking of all. We have to put everything back from the holidays and then start a new year. We are used to having the extra days off during the holidays to get things done and now we only have two days. Enjoy the weekends.

    ReplyDelete