Saturday, August 8, 2009

100

It's a milestone that's usually cause for recognition. Kids celebrate the 100th day of school. Networks excitedly proclaim when a television program airs its 100th episode. Today we celebrate my 100th blog.

I was skeptical when I started this newfangled mode of communication (okay, new to me) at the suggestion of my friend, Drew. But I have to admit, blogging is easier than continuously updating an email distribution list to share my cancer news. It can also easily be shared with others who are interested. I'm honoured and surprised by the number of people who follow my blog daily.

When I started, I figured I'd blog every once in a while, when I had news. In the beginning, the arrival of the information was fast and furious, so I had plenty to talk about. But then I began to use this venue as a way to share emotions, teach, thank and vent. So it's no wonder I've reached number 100.

I didn't realize I was such a blabbermouth (okay, some of you may have known that) or that I'd be so willing to share the down-and-dirty emotions and experiences of dealing with cancer. I learned something about myself.

When Michael told me yesterday, today would be my 100th blog, I contemplated its topic. At first, I envisioned creating a list of 100 things for which I'm thankful. But then realized how tedious that could be to read.

Suffice to say, I'm thankful I'm still here, living each day. I'm thankful to God for giving me strength to fight this battle (and give thanks in anticipation of winning it). And I'm thankful to have a village of my family and friends supporting and praying for me. Wow, I'm one lucky woman.

Celebrate 100 with me by thinking of something you're thankful for today.

We've travelled an amazing and winding journey together so far and we still have some distance to go before we're done. But it's been one heck of a trip. Thanks for accompanying me on this life-changing journey.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! PARTY!!! YIPEEE!!!! Any excuse for a party is cool! 100! That is awesome possum!

    I can't beleive I have read 100 blogs!! I think I have replied to most of them too..but that is neat. I can't imagine a day without your blog...so its a habit for many of us....to read your blog daily.

    Thank you for sharing your emotions, your joy and your pain. You have taught me a great deal in your journey and I thank you for taking me for the ride and making me realize how to live life day to day.

    Love you
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s Celebration Time! Not realy. I wished i could read your almost dayli blog with an other background. You are a very good writer, sometimes your writing makes me crying sometimes laughing but allways it makes me knowing that live is not endless. And it can be over just a eye-blink away. I hope your blog will not end with finishing your treatments and you keep us updated once in a while how you feel and what your thoughts are.

    Send you lot of Love all the way
    Renate

    ReplyDelete