Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Chillaxin' at the spa

The wind rustles through the poplars and the Aridondack chairs beckon from the front porch. Everything is just a little bit slower at the "spa" in Port Franks. And I think that's exactly what I need for a couple of days of recuperation.

The whole Bratscher clan came out to enjoy Diane and Pete's hospitality on Sunday. But when Michael, Noah and Tara departed for London late yesterday afternoon, Ginger, our dog, and I joined the contingent waving them goodbye. Boy, that was a weird feeling.

While Diane and Pete work today, they've offered me the solitude and solace of their home. Talk about good friends! I'm going to do whatever moves me - read, write in my journal, listen to music, watch a movie, sit and watch the clouds go by, go for a walk, ride my bike, etc.

Speaking of my bike, I've cycled the last two days and love doing some exercise besides walking. The ride on Sunday was fairly small over the hilly Port Franks roads to sure my abdomen didn't protest too much. Yesterday, the ride was much longer and by the end my legs hurt a little bit. It was awesome! My legs hurt from something besides chemotherapy.

Biking is a way to ease back into exercise. My sore back muscles from working on Saturday reinforced how much my abs are shot, so I may as well try to keep my legs in shape.

But I'm going to sign off now because I can hear the Adirondack chair on front porch calling me to enjoy my coffee outside and watch the world go by.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. YOU'RE AWAKE!! Hurray,,,! Don't forget to do the laundry, clean the toilets, vacuum, make the beds, do some weeding, paint, spit polish!! haha Didn't I tell you this was a work spa?
    No seriously though, enjoy the day, have more than one pot of coffee!!

    ReplyDelete